Texas (Weekends) Forever
What was supposed to be a low-key hang out and chill weekend turned into a fun pre-Halloween weekend! We started at East Side Kings for an after work drink, followed by dinner and pizza at Austin Beer Garden (we are already starting to have some favorite food and drink spots).
Saturday, a friend and I made homemade kolaches (real tough and took 6 hours). That blog post featuring the recipe will come soon!
After kolaches, we watched football after football game (go gators! hotty toddy!) With pit stops in between at Easy Tiger on sixth street and Half Step on Rainey street.
We forgot that my lovely friend had gifted us with tickets to the Texas Monthly BBQ Fest - and spent all afternoon eating DELICIOUS BBQ.
We didn't brave the line for Franklin's BBQ, but we had the best ribs from Two Brothers and brisket Snow's BBQ.
The weather was perfect, the beer was expensive, but there was free whiskey!
With so many fun stops in one weekend, I made a weekend list. Check it out below! And check each Monday for a new weekend list.
- East Side King - (yummy snack and local brews!)
- Austin Beer Garden and Brewery - YES to all of their beers, and even more to their pizza!
- Handle Bar - (the University of Florida "watch party" bar)
- Easy Tiger - Great beer selection and delicious pretzels - great outdoor seating with a pretty view.
- Bar 96 - One of our faves, especially for a frose.
- Half Step - AMAZING cocktails
Every weekend I hope to fill you in on more adventures in Austin and all the places we explore and find!
P.S. Check back later this week to hear about my new watch from JORD.